The Tito Bustillo Cave is one of the world´s collections of Palaeolithic rock art. In July 2008 it was declared, together with four other Asturian caves and twelve more in Cantabria and the Basque Country, a World Heritage Site due to its extraordinary examples of Palaeolithic rock art.
Of the twelve collections that form it, only the Main Panel can be visited during certain months of the year in order to help with the preservation and conservation of the Cave.
Important information to visit the Tito Bustillo Cave
- Open from 22nd March to 29th October 2023. Wednesdays to Sundays, from 10:15 h. (first tour) to 17:00 h. (last tour). Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and 5th and 6th august.
- Visits are limited to 15 participants per slot (150 participants per day).
- Tickets can be purchased online or onsite at the reception desk of the Rupestrian Art Centre. It is therefore necessary to purchase all tickets online well in advance during peak periods.
- Entrance is free on Wednesdays. Tickets have to be collected following the same procedures as during paying days. If you are unable to attend, please call +34 902 306 600 / +34 985 185 860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guided visits are only in Spanish.
- The Rupestrian Art Centre is not included in this ticket.
- Maximum punctuality is required. Clients must arrive at the reception desk of the Rupestrian Art Centre, located at 300 metres from the entrance of the Cave, at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time of their tickets in order to confirm the visit. Otherwise, they will lose their right to enter the Cave.
- The minimum age to access the Cave is 7 years.
- We discourage people with reduced mobility or vision to visit the Cave.
- We recommend wearing warm clothes and suitable footwear, since the ground is muddy, wet and slippery. The temperature inside the Cave is around 13ºC.
- It is forbidden to film or take photographs inside the Tito Bustillo Cave; food and drinks are also not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Pets cannot enter the Cave.
- Visitors are advised not to come with items, backpacks etc., as there are no lockers.
- Access to the building for entering the Tito Bustillo Cave and the Cuevona de Ardines will take 5 minutes before each visit.
Tours of the Cave for individuals
Purchase your online ticket in advance to visit the Tito Bustillo Cave via the following link:
Tours of the Cave for groups
To purchase tickets for a group of 20 people or more please call the information and booking number +34 902 306 600 / +34 985 185 860 or email us at email@example.com.